I have so much to tell you. That I could type pages and pages. If you do not want these because it getting to be too much, please let me know. I will stop sending them. I will not be at all offended.
Jim’s Mom is so cute. She told me to get a housekeeper, spoil myself. I could spend all of that time knitting and crocheting. I may hire myself out to an expat family as a housekeeper. Then I could have money to hire a housekeeper later. Cousin Diane, you know who you are, offered to teach me how to knit a pair of mittens at the same time on the same round needle. All I have to do is make her lunch. Diane, I am inviting you to lunch.( This should be in the McNews for you to see.) We will be in our permanent villa in December, and I may have a housekeeper. We can knit, laugh, eat, brag about the grandchildren, knit, laugh, … You get the idea.
Jim is in Uzbekistan. He says it is much cooler there and they speak Russian. He is meeting with the customer for dinner tonight. This is his first business trip with ----. When he returns, I believe, that a trip is planned for Egypt.
We have signed papers on a 5 bedroom villa. It is in the Green Community West.
It has a two car garage, laundry room and maids quarters separate from the house. Our villa is not attached to another. We have a nice big yard that goes out to the tennis courts. The swimming pool is about 6 houses away. We have acquired a washing machine and drier already and have made an offer on the kitchen appliances. This villa is very large and we have obtained the needs for it at very low prices with out waiting or hassle. Our villa has a 2 year contract with fixed rent. Most places rent for one year and then contracts must be renegotiated. The price on this place is less than a three bedroom villa. Jim and believe that it has all been providentially provided.
Our realtor is from South Africa and is very helpful. We have enjoyed working with her. She has offered to help me with my garden. Yards are called gardens here. Our yard has plastic grass. No mowing or watering. We will put in real grass as we put in the garden. I wish that I had decorating skills. I tried to put pictures of the villa in the “photobucket” you will see me measuring windows for curtains. Please come visit us and fill our villa.
Jim’s commute will be very short and that is nice thing.
Mail is never delivered to physical addresses. Everyone must have a post office box. Each community has a spot for mailboxes and it is an exercise in patience and tenacity to obtain one. We will be using Jim’s work address and post office box to receive mail. If you would like the address please send me an email and let me know. I will email you the correct address to use. Due to customs in this part of the world, I have been told that mail can take up to eight weeks to get through.
That is all for now. Lisa

wow, it all sounds fascinating!!
ReplyDeletewhat a villa. 5 bedrooms?? nice.
praise God for the bargain on it, too.
blessings!